Smart For Life "Cookie Diet" Review
Intended for quick weight loss
This diet works best for the following people...
- Those needing to quickly lose weight for a special event (at least 2 weeks away)
- People who suffer from hunger between meals while on a diet.
- People who need help lowering their daily calorie intake.
This diet should be avoided by...
- Pregnant or nursing mothers.
- People with existing conditions should consult a physician before starting this diet
Smart For Life Overview
Smart For Life Cookies were created to help people lose weight using a low calorie, meal replacement approach. With over 40 clinics in North America, Smart for Life is also one of the largest weight management centers in the US.
The premise of the cookie diet is eating low calorie. You will eat 6 cookies a day and a sensible dinner. Each cookie has a proprietary blend of amino acids, fiber, and vitamins that will offer appetite suppression and reduce hunger cravings throughout the day.
The Smart for Life weight loss program is available in two different formats:
The"at home" plan is more convenient and less intrusive. You can simply order online and have the products delivered right to your door.
With their "in clinic" medical program, they offer you direct physician care, meaning you have to schedule an appointment with a certified center. During your visit a complete physical is given, appropriate lab tests, blood work, body scan, etc. You're probably asking if your insurance provider would cover this type of visit and the answer is no. We recommended the in clinic program for those who are dangerously obese.
- Program is easy to follow.
- Cookies are mostly organic
- Cookies do promote weight loss.
- Cookies contain no stimulants or harmful side effects.
- Meal replacement diets are not suitable for long term use.
- Does not promote exercise.
- Diet is very low calorie and should be used under doctor supervision.
Smart For Life Testimonials
Most of the testimonials found online were positive with many boasting loses of 10lbs to 15lbs during the first two weeks. Many of the skeptics were pleased with their first experience and were very willing to purchase again in bulk. But in our research it was evident that this diet is not for everyone. The negative reviews and comments were on price and lack of variety. Some went as far as to call the diet boring. There are also no consumer discounts and products must be purchased from the official website.
FRUIT COBBLER RECIPE
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1 Smart Cookie, any flavor
- 2 packets sugar substitute
- 8 pumps butter spray
- 1–2 tbsp. calorie-free, fat-free fruit spread, any flavor
- Cinnamon, to taste
Crumble cookie and place in a microwave safe bowl. Spray cookie crumbles with up to eight pumps of butter spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional). Stir in fruit spread. Heat in the microwave for one minute.
SUMMER PARFAIT RECIPE
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1–2 Smart Cookies, any flavor
- 1 tsp. each of an assorted variety of calorie-free, fat-free fruit spreads (strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
- 2 tbsp. calorie-free, fat-free marshmallow dip
- 2 tbsp. calorie-free, fat-free chocolate dip or syrup
Crumble cookies into small pieces. On bottom of a freezer safe dish, layer fruit spread, marshmallow and chocolate dip. Top with half of the cookie crumbles. Add another layer of fruit spread, marshmallow and chocolate dip. Add the rest of the cookie crumbles. Add one final layer of marshmallow and chocolate dip. Freeze for 30-45 minutes.
If using two cookies, please enjoy 1/2 of the parfait at a time.
A 2 week kit of Smart For Life cookies costs $133.90. The Smart For Life website also offers shakes, muffins, salad dressings, and soups to give a little more variety to the diet.
Clearly, as depicted by the testimonials on their website, the program has worked for thousands of people. The program also comes with great information on how to keep weight off. It is recommended to consult a doctor prior to starting this diet.
Editors Note: The cookies used to be provided by Dr. Siegal however, since his departure from the "Smart for Life" brand, the cookies do have a slightly different taste and texture.